As participants in the University Transportation Center program, we’re required to provide detailed reports and maintain multiple database entries on projects funded by CARTEEH. The following information will allow us to add your project information to TRB’s Research in Progress (RiP) Database and the CARTEEH website (Carteeh.org).
After you’re notified that your project is funded, the following items must be sent to the CARTEEH offices at TTI ([email protected]) within 60 days of the project start date:
- ORCID ID: Each researcher is required to have an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORC ID). There’s no charge for an ORCID ID, and you may register here. All researchers involved with the project should register, including graduate students and those added after the project has been initiated. A list of all ORCID’s must be sent to CARTEEH
- NOTE: All reports and peer-reviewed publication submissions should include the ORCID ID for each author.
- Completed UTC Project Information Form: The Project Information Form provides a high-level project summary and is uploaded to the RiP Database and the CARTEEH website. A few comments:
- Funding Sources and Amounts Provided: List separately all funds received from CARTEEH, and any matching funds which are being provided by your institution or other privately funded research.
- Total Project Cost: Should be the total of the funds identified in (a).
- Brief Description of Research Project: This is a condensed version of the project abstract.
- DO NOT COMPLETE: Implementation of Research Outcomes, Impacts/Benefits of Implementation, and Web Links.
- Index terms: Provide a list of up to TEN index terms from either the Transportation Research Thesaurus (TRT) or the International Transport Research Documentation (ITRD).
- Subject Area Categories: Select up to five subject area categories from the subject area list.
PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO ASK IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT ANY OF THESE ITEMS.
Quarterly Progress Reports: Quarterly reports covering calendar quarters are due 15 days after the completion of each quarter. Report Template
Final Project Report: A final report and close out checklist are due 60 days after the approved project completion date. Reports should be edited and ready for submission to the required databases prior to submission to CARTEEH. CARTEEH’s assistant director for administration will distribute reports as required by USDOT.
Dataset Upload: Datasets supporting the final report are required to be uploaded into the CARTEEH Data Hub. Uploading instructions are included with the close out checklist template.
Other Administrative Information
Human Subjects: Projects involving human subjects should follow the researcher’s institution’s human subject compliance procedures. A copy of the outcome letter and overall application must be forwarded to CARTEEH/TTI prior to starting data collection to ensure that TAMU IRB is apprised of the human subject work being conducted.
Rebudgeting: Funds may be rebudgeted within 10 percent of each category in the approved budget submitted with the project workplan. Budget revisions into categories not previously approved will require the approval of your institutional lead and CARTEEH – TTI.
Project Extensions: It is important that projects adhere to the initial timeline provided in the project workplan. If additional time is needed to complete the study, approvals from the institutional lead and CARTEEH – TTI are required.
Prior Approval Requirements
Project Extensions: It is important that projects adhere to the initial timeline provided in the project workplan. If additional time is needed to complete the study, approvals from the Institutional Lead and CARTEEH – TTI are required.
Equipment: Any single item over $5,000 and identified as capital equipment requires prior approvals from CARTEEH – TTI and USDOT. Any equipment needs should first be approved by your university lead, then submitted to CARTEEH – TTI for approval.
Foreign travel: Foreign travel is not allowed.
Cost Sharing: Cost-shared funds are funds committed by your institution or other non-federal sponsors in support of the work on your CARTEEH project. All cost sharing should be formally documented and reported by your institution.